7/26 £3.99 (iBooks) “Escape the Diet Trap” by Dr John Briffa
£3.99 “Escape the Diet Trap” by Dr John Briffa
available at iBooks
At last, a weight-loss book for the enlightened! By debunking the traditional, the conventional and the downright unproven, The Diet Trap and How to Escape It steers would-be dieters away from short-term regimes towards long-term success.
The Problem: despite a wealth of nutrition advice, rates of obesity continue to rise. While specific diets vary in approach, the advice is generally underpinned by the calorie principle: weight loss is simply a matter of ‘eating less or exercising more’. Yet both science and anecdote frequently reveal that this doesn’t work beyond the short term.
The Solution: Why Diets Don’t Work reveals the myriad of reasons why taking a calorie-based approach to weight loss essentially dooms us to failure. It explains that it’s not the dieter that is usually at fault, but the approach. By presenting ways of eating that offer enjoyable, satisfying fat loss, without extensive exercise, calorie-control or hunger, Why Diets Don’t Work shows how to escape the cycle of restrictive attempts at weight loss and establish a healthy, sustainable relationship to food.
• A thorough debunking of conventional weight-loss theory and the calorie principle using up-to-date, published research.
• Science-based information and advice about weight control and health that change beliefs about food and lead to sustained changes in eating behaviour.
• Practical, easy-to-apply fat-loss strategies that do not depend on eating less or exercising more.
• Nutritional strategies for quashing carbohydrate cravings quickly and easily.
• Trustworthy information from a doctor and author with 20 years’ experience with thousands of patients.